NASN is looking forward to seeing you in Baltimore, Maryland!
Please review this message, sent late last week by email as well. It contains important conference information.
Thank you for joining us and safe travels!
Your NASN Conference Team
Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel
700 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
The conference meeting space is intimate. Please plan accordingly by choosing a first, second and third choice in all breakout and workshop blocks. In the general session space, all chairs will likely be needed. We encourage you to take advantage of the intimate meeting space by taking time to meet the colleagues seated next to you. You just might make a friend for life!
Registration Check In
Collect your registration materials on the Fourth Floor Level of the hotel anytime after 7AM starting on Friday, June 29th.
When checking in at the conference, you will receive a conference program. You can also view the conference program in the mobile app. Download the Eventsential app from your app store or browse the web version at https://engagefully.org/Events/Details/11670.
Transportation and Parking
Visit the hotel and travel page on the conference website for this information: https://schoolnursenet.nasn.org/nasn2018/hoteltravel
Preconference Schedule on Friday, June 29th.
If you have registered to attend a session on preconference day, you may collect your registration materials between 3PM and 7PM on Thursday, June 28th. or after 7AM starting on Friday, June 29th. Please review the schedule for the room location of your session https://engagefully.org/Sessions/Index/11670.
NOTE: If attending Advanced Physical Assessment, please bring an otoscope.
NOTE: If attending The Real B’More Story: Strong and Resilient Workshop and Bus Tour, you will meet in Galena, located on the Fourth Floor Level, at 9:00 AM. A short presentation will be made before loading on the bus at 9:20 AM.
Many of the preconference sessions are already full. Seats are still available in the Framework: Care Coordination session, Mental Health Training session, and both Stewards of Children® sessions; one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
Emergency Contact Information
While it is unlikely we will need emergency contact information for you while you are attending the conference, we are collecting it as a precautionary measure. Information you share will only be used if needed by the NASN conference support staff during the 49th Annual Conference. Go to https://portal.nasn.org/members_online/members/surveys.asp and login using your NASN website login. Take or retake the short questionnaire.
The app is a must for attendees!! It has the most up-to-date conference detail you need to organize your schedule and find your way around the conference area. Go to your app store and download Eventsential or browse the web version at https://engagefully.org/Events/Details/11670]
Session abstracts and any handouts supplied by speakers and presenters are available online in the following three (3) ways.
NOTE: If you purchased a print syllabus, it contains the session abstracts and handouts published online. You will receive it when you check in at the conference.
1. Individual files are organized by day and by session on the conference website at this link: https://schoolnursenet.nasn.org/nasn2018/attendees/handoutsmaterials
2. Individual files appear as resource links in each session in the schedule of the mobile app. Open a session and scroll down to find the resource links. You will be prompted to login using your NASN website login the first time you click on a resource. Here is a link to the schedule in the mobile app https://engagefully.org/Sessions/Index/11670
3. Files are compressed into one .zip file -- this is a large file that will take a few minutes to download. You can download to your tablet or computer from this link http://portal.nasn.org/media/nasn2018_handouts.zip
Conference Discussion List
The discussion list https://schoolnursenet.nasn.org/nasn2018/attendees/nasn2018discussions/ourdiscussiongroup is a great way to ask questions before and after the conference. NASN is also sending information to the discussion list now and after the conference.
Service Project Supports Empower4lifeMD (E4L)
E4L is looking to help the children who live in Baltimore homeless shelters by supplying them with twin sheet sets, comforters, blankets, pillows and travel size personal care products. There will be bins marked by balloons in the Marketplace and at the Hospitality Desk on the Fourth Floor Level of the hotel for donations. No need to travel with these items. You can purchase items at stores close to the hotel.
Food and Beverage
Participants are responsible for food and beverage. However, you can expect the following provided by NASN.
Saturday, June 30th: 50th Anniversary Celebration Cake served after Annual Business Meeting
Saturday, June 30th: Refreshments in the Exhibit Hall from 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Sunday, July 1st: Refreshments in the Exhibit Hall from 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Sunday, July 1st: Desserts at Awards Celebration starting at 7:00 PM
Other items may be added to the conference schedule. Watch for notifications in the mobile app and listen to housekeeping notes at the beginning of each day for updates.
Annual Business Meeting
The business meeting will be different from previous years. It will be held on the first regular day of conference, Saturday, June 30th.
7:30 AM to 8:00 AM: NASN Affiliates will organize with their delegation outside of the Harborside Ballroom. [Be sure to check with leaders of your Affiliate for details about any and all Affiliate activities planned at the conference.] Affiliate delegations will walk in and sit together in their designated seating area prior to the opening of conference.
8:00 AM to 8:15 AM: NASN President Nina Fekaris welcomes attendees.
8:15 AM to 9:30 AM: Terri Sjodin, the opening keynote speaker, will present Small Message, Big Impact: Building Your Persuasive Case
9:45 AM to 12:45 PM: The Annual Business Meeting will take place. At the conclusion of the business meeting, 50th anniversary celebration cake will be served!
Terms and Conditions of Attendance and Participation
Please be familiar with the terms and conditions online at https://schoolnursenet.nasn.org/nasn2018/terms. If you have questions, please let NASN know.
1. Stay prepared and safe while in Baltimore. Download the Safety Packet for emergency locations and contact numbers https://schoolnursenet.nasn.org/nasn2018/blogs/devin-dinkel/2018/05/29/baltimore-marriott-waterfront-safety-packet.
2. Bring your app store login or ID so you can get the mobile app if you don't already have it.
3. Make sure you know your NASN website login so you can access handouts online using your mobile device or laptop.
4. Be sure to set up a Twitter account if you don't have one so you can share tweets about your conference experience. Keep your Twitter login handy in case you need it..
5. If you plan to join the 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk event and have not registered, pick up a waiver in the foyer on the Fourth Floor Level. Complete the waiver and bring it to the Attendee Service Desk on the Fourth Floor.
6. Bring your exercise clothing if you plan to attend the morning exercise sessions.
7. Add the 50th Anniversary Dance Party on Friday, June 29, 2018 starting at 7:00 PM to your schedule. This event is free to attendees. Learn more https://schoolnursenet.nasn.org/nasn2018/blogs/lynne-meadows-msn-bsn-rn/2018/02/07/dance-party?CommunityKey=b6c70511-56f4-44e4-b24d-cb8e0ab0a020&tab=
8. Bring some cash to purchase tickets for the 50/50 raffle in support of NASN's Endowment Fund.
9. Be alert and safe; keep valuables secure.
10. Keep a photo ID on you while at the conference.
11. Bring address labels to use in the exhibit hall.
12. Don't forget your medical ID bracelet if you have one.
13. Bring sunscreen if you plan to spend time outside.
14. Bring a lightweight sweater to wear in air-conditioned meeting rooms.
15. All attendees will be give a water bottle when they pick up their conference bags and registration envelopes. Please wash before using and don't forget to bring them with you to sessions. Water and other beverages will be provided throughout conference. Not intended for hot beverages!