To apply, login and click on the apply button. When you click on the apply button, you will be presented with some additional questions you will need to answer to successfully complete the application.
Are you dedicated to excellence in school nursing practice? Do you enjoy helping school nurses understand the NASN Framework practice model and how to apply it? Do you like to travel? Do you like to connect, teach or do public speaking? If you answered yes to any of these questions, well this may be the right opportunity for YOU! NASN is looking for energetic, charismatic and dedicated school nurses to teach our in-person program across the country and overseas.
The National Association of School Nurses (NASN) is seeking 25 nurses to become nurse presenters for the in-person Focus on the Framework Series program. The selected presenters will be cross-trained to present on all 5 topic areas (Standards of Practice, Care Coordination, Leadership, Quality Improvement and Community/Public Health). Nurses will be selected from various locations across the United States and abroad.
In order be considered for this opportunity you must have the following:
- Current active NASN membership
- Current active RN license
- Active in school health and/or recent experience as a school nurse
- Educational preparation (Minimum degree: Associates; Preferred degree: Bachelors; Masters; Doctoral (PhD, DNP)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Framework for 21st Century School Nursing Practice (TM) model.
- The ability to take complex topics/issues and make them simplistic and understandable to various audiences.
- Experience in teaching and/or public speaking (experience must include professional presentations to groups of nurses or other professionals).
- Proficient skills in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Basic computer and AV technology skills
The commitment required for this opportunity is a 2-year term. We request that a minimum of 1 presentation be delivered per year for a total of 2 presentations over 2 years.
IMPORTANT DATES TO NOTE:
Open-Call Submissions Starts: Saturday, December 22nd, 2018
Open-Call Deadline: Friday, January 25th, 2019 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time
Application Review Time Frame: January 28th, 2019 to February 1st, 2019
Final decisions and notifications will be made on Monday, February 4th, 2018 by 5pm Eastern Standard Time
Training of Trainers Presentation for selected applicants will be Wednesday, February 13th, 2019. Time: TBD
If you have any additional questions regarding this volunteer opportunity, please contact Program Manager (In-person Training), Danielle Harris at email@example.com