Open date: 05/14/2021
Closing date: until filled
Position title: Director of Research
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time, Exempt
This non-profit organization is a 501(c)(3) membership association with 18,000 school nurse members who work in public and private schools. We seek an experienced nurse researcher to join our dynamic and dedicated staff team.
Position Description, Responsibilities and Qualifications:
The Director of Research oversees and directs the school health research, data, and evidence-based practices of NASN. NASN has a research trajectory, research priorities, research and data strategic plan goals that guide this work. Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Developing collaborative relationships with universities and others to promote school nursing research and data collection.
- Leading NASN’s National School Health Data Set: Every Student Counts! data collection initiative.
- Partnering with subject matter experts to identify school nurse indicators and translate evidence into practice.
- Overseeing the development of clinical practice guidelines.
- Provide input into program and evaluation design.
- Serve as consultant to the Research Committee, Endowment Committee, Research Awards Committee, Common Dataset Committee, and Editorial Advisory Committees for NASN journals.
This individual serves as a member of NASN Staff Nursing Team and is instrumental in guiding the implementation of evidence into practice in NASN’s programs and resources.
Education: Doctorate required; research doctorate in nursing, public health, or related field preferred.
Work Experience and Skills: At least five years of current and active registered nurse licensure.
- Experience with research in school nursing.
- Knowledge of current trends and issues in school health, school nursing and adult learning.
- Experience with development, supervision, and implementation of data collection projects.
- Experience with development of clinical guidelines and translation of evidence to practice.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience in scholarly writing for peer-reviewed publications.
- Skills and experience in writing for grant and foundation funding.
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Basic data analysis skills.
- Proficiency in program needs assessment and evaluation skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
Benefits: Include, health, paid time off, 403(b) retirement account.
An email with the subject line Director of Research should have the following documents attached:
2) Letter of interest with salary requirement
Special Instructions: Please email to Slatimore-Johnson@nasn.org