Building for the Future: Health, Advocacy, and Leadership
NASN’s 55th annual school nurse conference will include:
- An in-person event from June 30 to July 3, 2023 (preconference on June 29) at the Hyatt Regency Orlando in Orlando, Florida; and
- A virtual event from July 10 to July 12, 2023.
NASN2023 Conference Learning Outcomes
As a result of participating in this educational activity, learners will be able to
- Identify two new evidence-based practice or resources from NASN2023, exhibitors, or poster presentations that can be used to promote student health, academic success and the health of students and communities.
- Describe three evidence-based nursing interventions for students with chronic health conditions including mental health to address health disparities across all communities.
- Apply new knowledge of the role of the school nurse in the delivery of culturally competent care in schools.
- Devise a plan to implement practice changes to include leadership and interprofessional collaboration for the benefit of student success.
- Justify the necessity for school nurses to participate in assessment, planning, and implementation of crisis prevention in schools.
The National Association of School Nurses is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.